|CCPD Mission Statement
The mission of the Center for Career and Professional Development is to be a catalyst in the development of Rensselaer students to become world leaders in a technologically based global economy. Our goals are to provide programs and services to assist students in discovering and clarifying career choices, and to teach them to manage their careers effectively.
The Center for Career and Professional Development is committed to cultivating and advancing partnerships with students, faculty, staff, alumni and employers to carry out our mission. We're dedicated to continuously improving our customer services and to assuming leadership in the profession of career development.
To fulfill its goals, the Center for Career and Professional Development provides students with:
- Resources for self-assessment, personal and leadership development.
- Career counseling, exploration, and career management education.
- Access to quality experiential opportunities through cooperative education, summer employment, and internship opportunities.
- Educational programming through which students can develop techniques and skills for implementing a successful job search campaign.
- Access to post-graduation opportunities.
- The application of technological tools to carry out a successful job search campaign.