We are here to assist you. Our services include...
- Individual career counseling to help clarify your life and career goals including tailored activities to help meet your needs.
- Assessments, tests, and interest inventories to assess your abilities and interests.
- A variety of exploratory activities through assignments and planned learning experiences.
- Utilizing career planning tools and occupational information to help you understand the world of work and to learn about potential career opportunities.
- Strategies to help you improve your decision-making and goal-setting skills.
- Teaching you strategies and skills for job searching and networking.
- Assistance with learning to write resumes and cover letters.
- Providing guidance and advice to help you resolve potential personal conflicts on the job through practice in human relations skills.
- Assist in understanding the work/life balance.
- Teaching career management skills to utilize throughout your career.
- Providing support for individuals experiencing job stress, job loss, and/or career transition.
Meet with a Career Counselor
Use these 5-10 minute meetings as a starting point for quick questions and advice. Please use Walk-in Hours to have your resume & cover letter critiqued. Sign up at the front counter in the CCPD. Students are seen on a first-come, first served basis.
Monday, 1pm - 3 pm
Tuesday, 2pm - 4pm
Wednesday, 1pm - 3 pm
Thursday, 9am - 11 am
Friday, 10am - 12 pm
Schedule an Appointment
These 30 minute appointments are reserved for students and recent alumni (graduated within the last 12 months) with more in-depth job search and career development questions. During these longer appointments you'll be able to discuss your career interests & goals, learn about career planning strategies, and receive assistance with your full-time, co-op or internship job search. The CCPD Career Counselors also provide assistance with graduate/professional school planning.
Use our Online Appointment Scheduler to make your appointment. You must schedule an appointment in advance and please note that these appointments do fill quickly.