What Is a Mock Interview?
A mock interview is a 30-minute individual session with a CCPD Career Counselor to help you prepare and strategize for future interviews. Please bring a copy of your resume to the mock interview. A combination of traditional and behavioral-based interviewing questions will be presented and you will be asked to respond, as in a real interview. After the interview, we will provide you with constructive feedback regarding your answers and your communication style.
How to Set Up a Mock Interview
Go to the CCPD Online Appointment Scheduler and select a date/time for your mock Interview. Add “mock interview” in the “special needs” section.
- Come to the CCPD on the date/time of your appointment.
- If you have questions that you would like to practice please tell your interviewer at the time of your mock interview.
- If you desire, you may dress as you would for a real interview.
- Bring a hard copy of your resume with you. Unlike a real interview, portfolios will not be necessary.
How Can I Prepare For A Mock Interview?
- You should know your interests, what you value, and what skills and competencies you can bring to an organization.
- Check out our Interviewing Skills Handout prior to your mock interview.
- Review a company Web site in advance to learn what questions might be posed about a company's mission, philosophy, products and services.