The Service Building, located on the north edge of the campus off of Peoples Avenue, was built in 1948. The yellow brick, steel-frame structure contained 16,044 feet of space and cost $113,480. The building was doubled in size in 1959 with a two-story addition on the north side. The building has housed the facilities that service and support the Institute's physical plant.
See 1949 Campus View.
1960 Map Location Back to Rensselaer Buildings