The Club House

The Student Club House provided a new home for the Student's Association or what became known as the Rensselaer Union, which oversaw the athletic, religious and social activities of the student body. It contained a billiard room, locker rooms and showers, a large reading room, a kitchen and dining room, and committee rooms. A terrace on the back of the building overlooked the '86 Field. The Club House was razed in 1932 when a new students' club was completed.

 

Club House, 1908

Reception Room, click for larger view

1909 Map Location         Back to Rensselaer Buildings