North Hall and E Complex
There had been no campus accommodations for upper class students until the completion of North Hall and E Complex in 1932. These two dormitories were divided into ten separate units each named for an alum who had been president of a railroad company:
Alexander J. Cassatt (1859), Pennsylvania
North Hall was converted into laboratory and office space in 1961. In 1978, it was remodeled and converted back into a dormitory.
1940 Map Location Back to Rensselaer Buildings